Go Gray in May
May is National Brain Tumor Awareness Month
Start a campaign to raise awareness and funds for
better research and treatments!
Raise Awareness to #GiveHope
Help to educate yourself and others on the impact that pediatric brain tumors have and the reason why we strive to #GiveHope to those affected and their families!
- Pediatric brain tumors are the leading cause of cancer-related death among children and adolescents ages 0-19, surpassing leukemia.
- More than 28,000 children (0-19 years of age) are estimated to be living with a brain tumor in the US
- More than any other cancer, brain tumors can have lasting and life-altering physical, cognitive, and psychological impacts on a patient’s life.
- There are more than 130 different types of brain tumors, many with their own multitude of subtypes.
Despite the amount of brain tumors, and their devastating prognosis, there have only been four (4) FDA approved drugs – and one device – to treat brain tumors in the past 30 years.
- For many tumor types, surgery and radiation remain the standard of care.
- There has never been a drug developed and approved specifically for malignant pediatric brain tumors.
- The four approved drugs for brain tumors have provided only incremental improvements to patient survival, and mortality rates remain little changed over the past 30 years.
Spread the Word
Social Media Go Gray Selfie - wear gray, take a picture and share on social media with #GoGrayGiveHope
Facebook Profile Image - Replace your profile image to show how you're going gray.
Raise Funds to #GiveHope
Here are some ideas for small events that you can do to help raise funds for better brain tumor treatments.
Wear Gray in May - Hold a Dress Up Day Event at Work or School and raise money from those who participate. Click here for more information.
Buy Gray in May - Work with local businesses and ask if they will donate a % of sales or $ amount for anything related to the color grey. For example: Grey Goose Martini or Earl Grey Tea. Be creative!
UnGray in May - Ask a local salon to donate money for any color touch up to "ungray"
Collect Gray in May - Look for any silver (gray) coins around the house (we'll take copper ones too!), cash in and donate